As a young man, James Keelty migrated from Ireland and settled in Baltimore, where he became a stonemason. In 1904, he began building homes, first on Calvert Street, and then at the site of the former Orioles baseball park. In 1932, Keelty began constructing Rodger’s Forge,one of Baltimore County’s first suburban townhome communities.
In 1946, James Jr. and his younger brother Joseph, went on to complete their father’s vision for Rodgers Forge before building homes deeper into Baltimore County’s growing suburbs. The Keelty Company has blazed a trail of new home communities throughout the state, including Mays Chapel Village, Doncaster Village and Mays Chapel North, some of the most successful planned communities in Maryland and the blueprint for planned communities throughout the Mid-Atlantic.
Today Keelty is a fourth-generation, family owned and family-operated company with an innate understanding of regional design and lifestyle preferences.