LEASING CONSULTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a list of responsibilities that we expect each leasing consultant to perform on a daily basis:
- Answer all phone lines: provide apartment information according to Fair Housing standards, document maintenance requests and help with tenant concerns and questions.
- Work Orders: Input all maintenance requests into the computer; check on the status of incomplete work orders and close out any completed work orders.
- Retrieve and follow-up on emails: Respond to apartment inquiry leads using information provided in the request and asking standard questions for information to schedule a visit (refer to visitor card). The standard email response provided for each community can be personalized. Direct customers to our website where they can complete a guest card or application online.
- Greet and tour prospects: All contact with prospective renters should be conducted in accordance to Fair Housing standards. Responsibilities include: greeting prospects, building rapport with prospects, determining prospect needs with the goal of obtaining an application and closing the sale. Show the model and vacant apartment homes, provide accurate community information, and complete guest card.
- Follow-Up: Conduct phone and email follow-ups with current leads to generate traffic, assess continued interest in the properties, and close the sale.
- Community and Company Knowledge: Study all brochures, price sheets, Leases and addendums. Be fully knowledgeable on all policies and procedures.
- Applications: Know how to take an application, know income qualifications, guarantor information, references, and applications fees.
- Move-Out Chart: Run and print out the Daily Move-In/ Move-Out Chart in the computer.
- Administrative Duties: Complete administrative functions related to move-in and move-out preparation as well as resident communication. Conduct Lease signings, complete move-ins/move-outs, sign addendums, etc. These administrative tasks include but are not limited to: Process all necessary application paperwork ensuring and verifying prospect compliance with income standards identification requirements and screening modules; Enter the application into the computer and run credit/criminal screening; Prepare all Lease documents and addenda in the computer; Ensure renter’s insurance compliance; Ensure readiness of an apartment 24 hours prior to move-in; Prepare move-in packets.
- Resident Communication: Handle service requests by processing and closing them in Jenark, follow-up with residents to ensure satisfaction. Send out email surveys. Respond to resident concerns and keep the Manager informed. Assist with rent delinquency management, including printing late rent letters from the computer and typing court notices. Troubleshoot any problems with the resident portal on-line when residents pay rent or enter work orders on-line. Send out email blast notices to residents via the resident portal.
- Move-Outs: Process Notice-to-Vacate paperwork in the computer. Communicate with the Maintenance Supervisor and provide proper paperwork to initiate the turn process once keys are received.